Thursday, May 27, 2010

Green Bathroom

Shower Curtain:
Instead of using shower curtains, we use old sheets. They keep the water in the shower and then dry quickly. They are also easily washed and can quickly change the decor of the bathroom (as if that mattered to me!).

Bath soap:
I choose Kirk's bath soap because it is vegan and packaged in paper. I also really like oatmeal and almond soaps that come without any packaging at all.

Hand Soap:
Rather than buying new bottles of liquid hand soap, I simply squirt some Dr. Bronner's into the old bottle and then add water. A little goes a long way. Now I'll have to figure out if I want to continue using Dr. Bronner's soap given that it comes in a plastic bottle. It lasts me for several months so I might keep it on my list of acceptable items.

Bathroom Cleaner:
I wash my tub and toilet with baking soda and vinegar. The baking soda is abrasive and the vinegar helps sanitize. Also, the two mixed together fizz in a very satisfying way.

Cleaning the sink:
I keep a spray bottle of a little Dr. Bronner's mixed with water and spray down the sink daily. Alternately, I use a mixture of vinegar and water.

No comments:

Post a Comment